Jacopo Scarabelli is a professional photographer based in Milan, Italy.
He trained as a photographer in the photographic studio owned by his family and then at the Graphic Institute where he achieved his diploma.
In the next years he also showed interest in the visual arts specifically in Comics and Illustration for which he studied.
During the following years he concentrate this knowledges to his first passion. Photography.
He manages the transition from analogue to digital in the family photographic Lab and begins to make professional photo shoots on assignments.
He specialize in Portraits and Weddings.
He begins to travel the world.
After years of traveling he finds a new inspiration in this genre of photography and he exposes himself as author proposing several short sets.
But with the trip to Sri Lanka he starts to pack larger projects.
From that experience he worked on a photographic project that takes him first to publish a book and later to expose a photographic exhibition.
In october 2016 he’s semifinalist at Siena International Photography Awards with the first part of the new project “Surrealitalia”.
In october 2017 he wins the “Honorable Mention Award” at the IPA International Photography Awards 2017 with the photo “Order & Chaos” from project “Surrealitalia”.
The personal exposition “Surrealitalia” is presented in 2017 and exposed in the Milan Malpensa International Airport in March 2018 with two additional extensions of the term.
The same exhibition will be included in the Milano Photo Week 2018 program thanks to the great feedback.
During the last 2 years he joined masterclasses with the “World Press Photo” awarded photographers Paolo Marchetti, Fulvio Bugani and Giulio Di Sturco and the Editor Annalisa d’Angelo.
His first documentary photography project is called “Play The Game Over”. An Esports photographic reportage.
With this work he won the award “Honorable Mention” at the PX3 Prix de la Photographie Paris 2018 and he’s been interviewed by “Corriere dello Sport” online, the newspaper “Il Cittadino” and in the Tv show “Crossover Universo Nerd“.
He’s now working on new documentary photography projects.
Publications and Awards
- The photo “Opening” has been published by Nikon Italia on their social pages and on the magazine Fotografare.
- The photo “Cueva de Los Verdes” has been published on the magazine Fotografare.
- The photo “Fingers” has been published on Nikon Europe and National Geographic Italia websites.
- The photo “Framing Tropea” has been published by Nikon Italia on their social pages.
- The photo “Order & Chaos” won the “Honorable Mention” award at the International Photography Awards 2017 in the Category “One Shot: Climate Change: Air”
- The photographic reportage “Play The Game Over” won the “Honorable Mention” award at the PX3 Prix de la Photographie Paris 2018 in the Category “Press: Sport”
- Interview for “Corriere dello Sport” online about “Play The Game Over”.
- Interviene for the printed newspaper “Il Cittadino” about “Play The Game Over”. (08/03/2019)
- Interview in the Tv show “Crossover Universo Nerd” about “Play The Game Over” and the Workshops.
- 500px – International Photography Community
- LD & MD – Markets and Discounts
- SCM – Solution Capital Management
- Asendia – By La Poste and Swiss Post
- Portioli – Coffee and Coffee Machines
- Park – Excellence in Print
- Sassella – Food & Events
- Electron – Educational Equipment
- Vortice – Ventilation and air handlin
- MediaCom – Media Agency Network
Jacopo Scarabelli is a “NPS Nikon Professional Services” phorographer and member of the italian society of professional photographers “TAU Visual”.